Environmental Sustainability reporting
Environmental sustainability reporting
With widespread adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), there remains a possibility that a uniform framework for environmental and sustainability reporting will emerge. This will give a level of prominence to environmental costs, benefits, and sustainability within financial statements.
Environmental and sustainability reporting, taking account of an organization’s impact on the planet, have become a high priority for shareholders and regulators alike.
How BDO can assist you
We provide the following services:
- Development of environmental and sustainability reporting policies; supply chain monitoring and purchasing policies; financial reporting structures to provide timely, readily accessible and reliable environmental information to satisfy the interests of stakeholders
- Corporate governance improvement advice
- Understanding and interpreting new regulatory requirements and prohibitions (including related taxes and subsidies)
- Understanding and interpreting tradable permits and certificates used by governments to achieve a variety of sustainability enhancing objectives
- Environmental and sustainability risk assessment
- Reporting on internal compliance with voluntary codes on environmental performance; the application of environmental and sustainability corporate governance policies; the application for tradable permits and certificates used by governments to achieve a variety of sustainability enhancing objectives
- Adding credibility to the reporting of information about environmental performance and sustainability.
You could benefit from our understanding of the regulatory and reporting requirements and our knowledge of:
- How to report to stakeholders
- The financial incentives on offer
- The penalties in place.